Kudos to our Smithsonian colleagues who are nominated for a webby award, hailed as “the Oscars of the Internet.” Please go online and vote for them at peoplesvoice.webbyawards.com!!!
Smithsonian Center for Education and Museum Studies
SmithsonianEducation.org is the Institution’s central education website.
- Nominated for Best Cultural Institution Website (Society category)
- Selected as an Official Honoree in the category of Best Education Website
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum’s People’s Design Award
Cooper-Hewitt’s People’s Design Award allows website users to make their design voice heard by nominating and voting for examples of good design. www.peoplesdesignaward.org
- Nominated for Best Art Website (Entertainment category)
- Selected as an Official Honoree in the category of Best Cultural Institution Website.
The Smithsonian Photography Initiative exists to broaden public understanding and appreciation of photography at the Smithsonian. www.Photography.si.edu
- Nominated for Best Cultural Insititution Website (Society category)
In addition, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum’s main website and the Feeding Desire: Design and Tools of the Table, 1500-2005 exhibition site have been selected as Official Honorees in the Art and Best Navigation/Structure categories.
The Smithsonian’s American Art Museum’s “Del Corazon! Latino Voices in American Art” website has been selected as an Official Honoree in the category of Best Education website.
Congratulations to all!