Smithsonian Books and Smithsonian Affiliations are teaming up to offer Smithsonian Affiliates a special lecture program and book signing event opportunity with the some of the authors (subject to availability) of Smithsonian Civil War: Inside the National Collection. It is a truly unique narrative crafted around one-of-a kind, famous, and previously unseen Civil War relics handpicked from twelve Smithsonian museums and archives. Through spellbinding narrative and stunning visuals, 550 treasures transform from objects into potent reminders of this devastating period in American history. Illuminating the full scope of the political, military, social, and cultural climate of the era, Smithsonian Civil War is history as only the Smithsonian can tell it.
– Host museum agrees to cover lodging, travel, and meals for Smithsonian curator(s).
- Autographs are only allowed for copies of Smithsonian Civil War: Inside the National Collection purchased at the event.
– Smithsonian staff will work with Affiliates to identify available speakers on a broad range of topics, and will provide a suggested outline if desired.
– Smithsonian Curators agree to do local/regional media to promote event.
– The sale date is October 29, 2013, so events should be scheduled thereafter.
Please call your National Outreach Manager for more information.