Join us in Washington, D.C., June 10-12, 2013! Each year we try to raise the bar a little higher and create an unforgettable conference where unexpected connections are made, new collaborations are forged, and new ideas are discovered.Â Â
As we begin planning the 2013 Affiliations National Conference, weâ€™d like to hear from our Affiliates. Tell us what sessions youâ€™d like. Is there a behind-the-scenes tour youâ€™d like to see? Is there a Smithsonian expert youâ€™re dying to hear from? Is there a topic youâ€™d like to hear more about? We want to know! Email Elizabeth Bugbee with your ideas.
Perhaps you have a session idea of your own youâ€™d like to present? WeÂ are opening up the conference to Affiliate session proposals. Click here for our Session Proposal Form.Â Â
Please follow these guidelines when submitting a proposal:
- Session idea must be a collaborative opportunity which aims to reach out to larger, more diverse audiences.
- Session idea must align with one of the Smithsonianâ€™s grand challenges:
– Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe
– Understanding and Sustaining a Biodiverse Planet
– Valuing World Cultures
– Understanding the American Experience
– Revitalizing Education
- Weâ€™d like the conference sessions to be as participatory as possible, so sessions that ask attendees to actively participate are encouraged.Â
Letâ€™s make the 2013 Affiliations National Conference the best yet!Â Â
The Smithsonian Affiliations National Conference is for current Affiliates only. If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate, please contact Elizabeth Bugbee for more information.Â